Check out my little Peter Pan. He is such a ham. He is in love with this Peter Pan costume and the hat is his favorite thing. He was very specific that it HAD to have a red feather or he wouldn’t wear it. Don’t you just love a 3 year old child. Today’s post features how to make the hat for this cute little costume. I am over at Get Your Crap Together with a tutorial to make the tunic.
1. Sketch out the shape you want your hat.
2. Cut out your hat on 2 pieces of green felt.
3. Sew hat pieces together with 1/4″ seam allowance, trim seam allowance to 1/8th”.
4. Turn hat to the right side and finger press your seams, fold up the back part of your hat about 1 1/2″.
1. Sketch out or print your feather shape.
2. Cut out 2 feather pieces.
3. Draw where the indentations will be on your feather. Place 2 feathers together with 2 pipe cleaners in the middle.
4. Stitch your felt together following the indentations. I also zig-zagged over the pipe cleaners to keep them in place.
1. Decide where you want your feather to go and mark it.
2. If you want you can just make a couple of slits and slide the feather through that, however since Mr T is a rough dude I decided to put some grommets in mine.
3. Thread pipe cleaner through the grommets and twist to secure.
4. Glue a circle of felt over the pipe cleaners so it doesn’t scratch.
That’s it. Put the hat on your own little Peter Pan and let them go fairy hunting.
Make sure to go over and check out my tunic tutorial and all the other awesome tutorials on Get Your Crap Together.