Summer is in full swing here and I have been scouring the internet for activities for Miss G and Mr T. I think I am feeling extra motivated to do things with them since this is the last full month we have before Miss G starts Kindergarten. Last week I brought you my free water play station and this week I am bringing you my top 10 Summer Fun Activities.
1. Exploding Paint Bags has by far been the favorite activity that we have done. The kids are still talking about this one. I found the recipe for this one over on Growing a Jeweled Rose. I did add non-concentrated Dawn dish soap to my paint bags so it would make the paint extra foamy.
2. Super Snow in July – This one was another BIG hit with my kids. They played with this for over an hour. I am not sure where I got the recipe for this one. I had this written in my recipe box for a few years, but we had never gotten around to it. We will be doing this one several more times. To make this I split a box of corn starch between the two kids and then I just kept squirting shaving cream into it and letting them mix it in. For the colors I just sprinkled some kool-aid onto it.
3. Giant Bubble Solution – I found this recipe over on Happy Holligans. It made really big bubbles and kept the kids entertained for quiet a while. Mr. T was the best and kept making giant bubbles, which Miss G delighted in popping.
The rest of the list are things that I have listed for us to do this summer.
4. From Happy Holligans Melting Elsa’s Frozen Hands.
My Frozen obsessed kids will love this one. I think I will have to come up with a Olaf type of frozen activity for Mr. T.
5. Another Happy Holligan activity – Fairy Mud – This one just looks so fun and pretty. I can’t wait for us to do this one.
6. Play Cross Step: Draw a 10 x 10 grid on your driveway or sidewalk with chalk and have each player stand in a square. As each player moves, have him or her cross out the square they were standing in. The rules of the game state that you can’t step into a square that has already been crossed out. When a player can no longer take a step, they are out. The last player standing wins!
7. Water balloons – What can be more fun than having a water balloon war in the backyard. I am planning on doing this the weekend of Miss G’s birthday.
8. Have a Picnic – We did this a few times back in the spring, but we need to do it more. The kids love sitting outside on a blanket to eat lunch.
9. Pick flowers and press them.
10. Paint Pet Rocks – Painting is always a hit. I think painting a new friend will be a double hit.
We are having a great summer and we hope you all are too!!